CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Out of Town

After an extremely busy and eventful week, I find myself in San Francisco. Arriving in the Bay, into the home of friends and former roommates, always feels like coming home, and I'm glad to be here taking some time off. My plans for the day include taking a walk and reading in a coffee shop. In fact, that is really my plan for most of the week. There may be a street corner barbecue or some drinking at the local dive gay bar, but that's about it until this weekend.

I also happen to be in San Francisco in the middle of the Queer Arts Festival, an amazing collection of queer performances. There are always many more shows than I could possibly attend and last time I was in SF during the festival, I only made it to one show. This week, I will be attending Fresh Meat on Friday (I already bought my ticket, because they tend to sell out!) and Michelle Tea's Slumber Party Cabaret on Saturday night. The Slumber Party Cabaret is a whole night of queer femme performance, which should be super fun, but I'm totally anxious about what I should wear considering that the wardrobe I brought with me to SF is limited and I will be in the presence of many fabulous and interesting queer femmes. Sigh. It's a good problem to have.

0 comments: