CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Return to the Internets

As you may have guessed from my deluge of posts, I have been mostly cut off from free time and internet access for the past week and a half, so I have spent much of today catching up on my reading and blog posts. Below, some of the things I've read lately and enjoyed:

What Is Performance Studies, or, What the Hell Does Frank Do for a Living? by Frank Leon Roberts is a simple explanation of the field of Performance Studies, and his particular corner of it, intended for the lay-person rather than an academic audience.

A particularly good episode of Dinosaur Comics.

My favorite surly media nerd, Annalee Newitz, criticizes John Updike for the nostalgic backwardness of his NY Times essay against internet publishing and ebooks. Plus, as a bonus feature, she appears on Cranky Geeks attacking things whose value I completely fail to understand, like Blu-Ray players.

Rocketboom Scandal! Amanda Congdon is no longer with Rocketboom. (Valleywag post via Prophecyboy)

0 comments: