CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Timing is Everything

Of course, just after I fisnish posting an upcoming season recap, Rude Guerilla actually announces their upcoming season. I'm not going to post it in full here, and it's not on their website yet, though I'm sure it will be soon. But the things that I find interesting are that they're hosting Tim Miller's 1001 Beds; they're doing, among other things, Durrenmatt's The Visit, Chay Yew's A Language of Their Own, The Cradle Will Rock by Marc Blitzstein, and two plays by Edward Bond. As I said before, their play selection always shows a great deal of promise to me, and I would gladly see any of those plays. Of course, I'm not so enthusiastic about San Diego by David Greig, but that's a bit of a one-bitten-twice-shy scenario due to the unbelievably dull production of Pyranees at the Kirk Douglas last season. And The Crucible, which, while politically appropriate, seems like the province of every high school and college theater ever. I've just seen and read it too many times already to be excited about a new production. But has anyone else noticed an awful lot of Arthur Miller this year?

3 comments:

Kyle said...

I saw Tim Miller's show at Highways. It's fun! And you're right...that Pyrenees was pretty boring.... I always get nervous about Rude Guerilla when I see Santa Ana, though, but maybe my geography's off. I'll have to go to Mapquest and figure that out.

Violet Vixen said...

I also saw Tim Miller at Highways, but I'm glad to see him get more audience. We've totally been in the same room at the same time at some point. What do you get nervous about in terms of Santa Ana - yes, it's far away (although Rude Guerilla does occasionally collaborate with other theaters to do things in LA). Are you worried about the distance or the demographics? I have family behind the Orange Curtain, so I'm not afraid.

Kyle said...

Hah, no, just the distance. If the OC were a little closer I'd be checking out SCR, Laguna Playhouse, and Rude Guerilla all the time! I try to get down there every once in a while, though