CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Where I'll be tonight and you should, too

I'm super excited that the new reincarnation of Sister Spit, Sister Spit Next Generation is on the road and rolling into LA tonight. And that they'll actually be in LA and not somewhere wacky that I have to drive forever in traffic to get to, such as Claremont or Santa Barbara or San Diego (although their tour does stop all those places). I'm super excited to see Michelle Tea perform. She's an amazing reader, writer, and performer. Eileen Myles is also super-cool and Ali Liebegott is totally hot. Along with these fabulous literary performance powerhouses are some people who I know nothing about, but look forward to discovering. It's a great mix of famous and emerging and I love the opportunity to learn about new voices as much as I'm excited and starstruck for the ones I know. I really hope there's a good showing to prove that LA isn't lame. Cheers to those at the EagleLA and the organizers of Shotgun for providing the space.

Also upcoming and interesting: Cornerstone Theater Company presents Beyond the Beyond: The Gay Futureworld! It's a collaboration between gay youth and gay seniors which will be presented April 12-22 at the LA Gay and Lesbian Center. It's some sort of wacky sci-fi gay play with puppets, which sounds like a winner to me! If i didn't already have tix for something on Friday, I would totally go to their reception, which includes a post-show party with Will Wright's "Moonbot."

0 comments: