CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 05, 2005

Oedipus Dykes

Jill Dolan, lesbian feminist scholar, author of The Feminist Spectator as Critic, and professor at UT Austin, has openly joined the blogosphere (eep - that word makes me cringe a bit). Her first posts are all about Oedipus at Palm Springs, the new work by the Five Lesbian Brothers, and I find her reminiscences about the early days of the Brothers fascinating. In a single (extremely detailed) blog post, she traced the history of feminist theater, gave a more detailed review than most of the major critics, and clearly knows how to use her html tags. My favorite line is, "the Brothers are middle-aged white lesbians, and American theatre has seen few of those onstage, clothed or not." I'm impressed, and I look forward to reading more from Professor Dolan in the future.

Speaking of Oedipus at Palm Springs, the NY Times review can be found here. Here's the Villiage Voice review by Charles McNulty, soon to be our local critic at the LA Times. I'm still looking for the New Yorker review if anyone has a link.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Das goood, very goood!