CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 19, 2005

Sci Fi Authors and Politics

Kurt Vonnegut on the Daily Show was pretty awesome. Here's his list of Liberal Crap I Never Want To Hear Again. I very much enjoyed Evolution Smevolution week.

This article in the Guardian about Kim Stanley Robinson is brilliant. His new trilogy sounds amazing (and eerily precient). Here's what Robinson says about our president:

"The current guy is worthless, probably the worst president in American history. There's a sort of stupid, small-minded meanness - a pathological assholery - to him. I think he likes doing bad things."

I love that. And if I had more time to read books for fun, Forty Signs of Rain and Fifty Degrees Below would definitely be on the list. And I've always meant to read his Southern California trilogy, too.

1 comments:

cdogzilla said...

Gotta love KSR!