CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Gratitude

Please excuse the sentimentality of this one. I want to send some thoughts out into the universe.

I'm spending Thanksgiving with my family, and I'm quite grateful that I can and that everyone is happy and healthy. But I have another family that's currently quite scattered and I want to send holiday thoughts to them even though I can't gather with them today. So here's to...

The boys who have known me since I was fourteen and overeducated and full of myself and yet somehow still love me.

Those who have known me since college, who have built sets and hung lights and shed blood with me, who never batted an eye at dramatic revisions of my identity and sexual orientation.

The grad students from whom I have learned and with whom I have shared books and ideas, seen many shows, and consumed countless cups of coffee.

My beloved roommate who has put up with so much and who is such a saint.

Those who are in New York and Chicago and Atlanta and San Francisco whose sofas I have slept on or who have slept on mine and who I don't see nearly as often as I would like.

All of these people are very much my family and I'm lucky to know them and that they put up with me.

I'm also grateful for all the theater folks and performance artists who put themselves out in the world and give me things to think and write about, all the bloggers whose voices I know without ever having met them, and all the queer folks who feel like family even when I don't really know them. Thank you.

1 comments:

DL said...

No, thank *you* !

Sentimental maybe... but beautiful and true.
:)