CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 13, 2006

Upcoming Transgiving

An anonymous poster (feel free to leave your name; I don't bite and I love friends who know about queer or trans performance) just left a comment reminding me that Trans/giving is happening this Saturday. Sadly, I am otherwise engaged this weekend, but it sounds like it'll be a great show and I highly encourage those of you who can to attend. Here's the publicity info I received, and they also need volunteers, so if you can help out on the day of the show, I'd be glad to put you in touch with the proper people.


Trans/Giving
L.A.’s only showcase and display of art, music, performance, and literature from trans/genderqueer/intersex artists.

3rd year Anniversary show!
SATURDAY, November 18th
6:00 pm
GREAT HALL, Plummer Park
1200 N. Vista St.
West Hollywood, CA 90046.

Our badass lineup includes visual, performance, music and literary art from:

Von Edwards, Talia Bettcher, Trystan Angel Reese, Caitríona Reed, Journey Light, Jessica Lawless, solidad decosta.

Remember, artists bring original merch so bring some additional cash and pick up that chapbook, poetry collection, artwork, cd or trans/giving tee-shirts and clothing galore!

Suggested donation is $5-20, with no one turned away for lack of funds.

For more information, visit the transgiving website.

This sounds like it'll be a great show. And I'm totally in the mood for more queer spoken word, so I'm extra sad to miss this. But go out and support some great performers. And tell them I'm annoyed at them for not having proper websites that I can link to.

P.S. Transgender Day of Remembrance should be coming up as well. If anyone has info about local events, I'd be glad to post it. I attended last year and it was a powerful and emotional experience. Here's a lovely piece about DOR by S. Bear Bergman.

0 comments: