CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 05, 2007

LA Days

A good friend who moved to New York was visiting me between Christmas and New Year's and I couldn't help but reflect on how perfectly LA the days we spent together were. Each day reflects a very distinct feeling and geographical area but each is representational of Los Angeles in some way.

Day 1: We woke up late, made brunch at home, and met friends at the beach in Venice. After a moment of climbing on sand dunes, we walked to Abbott-Kinney and poked around in all of the furniture and design shops and tiny art galleries we could fine. We walked back toward the beach along the Venice canals at dusk and then had dinner and drinks at a bar/restaurant overlooking the beach.

Day 2: We met a performance artist/playwright friend at The Alcove in Silverlake. After an indulgent brunch (avacado bacon omlette for me - yum!) we parted ways. We went to Rudy's barbershop, where we each got hipster haircuts. We went home and played video games for a while, but later, we went to Amoeba Records and I spent money I don't have on DVDs of movies from the '40s (yay!). That evening my guest saw Pan's Labryinth at the Arclight while I stayed home and dyed my hair a funny color.

Day 3: Day 3 was New Year's, so it doesn't count.

Day 4: The fourth day of LA-ness was close to home. We had lunch with friends at Toast and then saw Dreamgirls at the Grove. We ended up back in my West Hollywood apartment, where we ordered Chinese food for dinner and watched Another Gay Movie, which was silly.

0 comments: