CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Starting a New Year

I'm beginning 2007 with a new haircut, which I think is an excellent way to approach a new year. Last night I put on a cute dress and bright red lipstick and went with prophecyboy over to a friend's house to ring in the New Year surrounded by people I consider close friends even if I only see them on special occasions. This is such a great group of boys (and one [other] fag hag) - I really feel like they're family. I may only be a distant cousin, not exactly central to anyone's life, but I really love being around and embraced by them. And of course, prophboy is my family at this point - he's certainly known me long enough. Anyway, I spent my evening flirting brazenly with a delightful gay man who blushed adorably at the mere thought of my breasts, and really I couldn't have liked it more. We all stayed up well past midnight and woke up in the morning for a wonderfully greasy brunch. Though I certainly agree with the assertion made that there need to be more women (especially queer women) at these parties, I'm very grateful for this marvelous start to 2007 and for an excellent group of friends. I hope you all got to ring in the New Year in equally pleasant ways surrounded by those you care about.

0 comments: